The mission of the Senior Adult Activities Center of
Montgomery County (Montco SAAC) is to involve, enrich and
empower adults 50 years of age or better to live as independently
as possible in our communities.
We do this by promoting the wellness of adults 50 years
of age or better through recreational, educational and
social opportunities as well as being a referral source
for services available within our service area. Activities
and programming of our centers emphasize creating and maintaining
independence in all phases of life.
It is our vision that we become an indispensable asset to boomers, seniors and our communities by offering programs and services that enable boomers and seniors to live healthy and meaningful lives in their own homes within their own communities.
Our values guide us to make our mission possible. They
- A high quality of life for people 50 or better involving
good health and fitness and socialization, and we believe
that our Center experiences contribute to that goal.
- Program Excellence, by being the provider of choice
for boomers and seniors in enrichment and social experiences.
- Diversity, and we believe success depends on our Centers’ ability
to be inclusive and assure the availability of comprehensive
programs and services to all populations.
- A strong sense of community, and we prioritize effective
partnerships with various community entities. We believe
these partnerships result in a synergy that mutually
enhances boomers and seniors' experiences and improves
our communities we serve.
- Serve as an advocate and "voice" for seniors
living in poverty.
- Fiscal stability, by becoming a self-sustaining non-profit
endeavor with long-term financial security and prudent
- Well-qualified staff. Provision of a highly qualified,
motivated staff is imperative for ensuring that our Centers
fulfill our mission.